Kodiak Treks offers small-group, low-impact bear and wildlife-viewing hikes based out of our wilderness lodge in the heart of the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge.
- Unpack and enjoy a stay of 3-7 days/nights between our Aleut Island base-camp and out-camp on the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge, limiting adverse impact and maximizing wildlife-viewing opportunities
- Experience wild Alaska with knowledgeable, local guides
- Take in a variety of activities including wildlife viewing, hiking, cultural tours, kayaking, fishing, and more
- Walk inconspicuously through Kodiak bear country and learn about Kodiak brown bears' life cycle and habitat
- Observe non-habituated wildlife while practicing leave-no-trace ethics
Interested in more information? Check out some of our most frequently asked questions.
$375 per person/night, Singles - $400/night
Rates include all meals, excursions, equipment, guide service and lodge stay.
*Daily rates do not include roundtrip airfare from Kodiak to the Aleut Island Lodge. Flight cost-approximately $300-$350/person, depending on group size. Flight time approximately 40 minutes.
Harry Dodge has been guiding through Kodiak bear country for over 35 years. Respected locally as a leader in the field, he is a trained biologist, wildlife advocate, and author, who never tires of introducing guests from around the world to magnificent Kodiak Island and the awesome Kodiak bear.
Our Publications (click on each book for information and to order)
Authorhouse.com states: Kodiak Tales: Stories of adventure on Alaska's Emerald Isle, investigates the many-faceted experiences of living on Kodiak Island. Shipwrecks, plane crashes, bears, and Kodiaks often harsh...